The EC21 Dimming system represents premium performance and high value for all levels of users. Designed to interface directly with Strand Lighting’s ShowNet Ethernet, the EC21 system includes an Ethernet port and an optional integral 4 port switch and a wide range of inputs. Two DMX inputs are standard with the second input available for use as an RS485 port to support our Vision.net architectural system.
All Thyristor dimmers feature high performance chokes and two levels of rise time filtering. The latest technology IGBT dimmers are available in dual 2.5kW and single 5kW dimmer modules. IGBT dimmers provide virtually silent loads. The EC21 system may be fully populated with IGBT dimmer modules, mixed with normal Thyristor dimmer modules, the New Power Through Bypass or the new Power Through Relay modules in the same rack to offer you the best value.
About Power Through Modules...
The new Power Through EC21 Dimming/Switching modules represent the new options for future proofing your new or existing dimming systems.
These new Power Through modules offer a choice of dual 250uS or 400uS rise time module (Silicon Controlled Rectifier) dimmer at both 16A and 25A that combine a mechanical bypass relay in each dimmer. They are also available with or without a reporting option. Each module is equipped with two switches, one for each of the dimmer circuits in the module. On the Power Thru Bypass module this two position switch allows the manual selection of either Dimmer or ByPass mode to your circuit, while the Power Thru Relay moduleprovides a three position switch for selection of either Dimmer, ByPass or Relay control.
As many solid state lighting instruments do not like power from a dimmed circuit. The manual switches on each module ensure that you have complete control of your rigs’ power from that point. This removes the worry that a remote activation or deactivation of the modes might upset your Power Through settings thereby helping keep your equipment safe.
In Dimmer (DIM) Mode, the SCR will work exactly the same way that all EC21 dimmers have worked for years. While in ByPass and Relay Mode the circuit will bypass the Choke and SCR giving you clean power to your Lighting devices and power supplies that require a constant power feed.
EC21 Dimmer systems feature a universal 24 and 48-module rack design that provides support for 90-260 volt operation and CE complient.
- Plug in Modular Dimmer System
- Dual 2.4kW & Single 5kW IGBT fully reporting dimmer modules with 1000μs rise time
- Dual 2.4kW SSR Dimmer Modules with 350μs or 500μs filter chokes
- Single 6kW and 12kW modules
- Power Through Dimming / Switching Modules - unit can be set to be either a SCR dimmer or contact relay module (Dim/Non Dim Switch on the face of each module)
- Contactor modules available to control a wide range of loads
- IGBT and SSR modules may be mixed in the same rack
- Racks are available for 24 and 48 modules
- Standard 50,000 AIC fault current rating with optional 100,000 AIC available
- Advanced technology processor features a built in Ethernet input port. An optional plug in Ethernet switch is available to link multiple racks
- Web Browser configuration
- Built-in Vision.net Architectural Control
- 128 Back up Presets
- DMX input with patch
- Dual electronics with full tracking back up available
- ETL cETL listed