The EC21 Dimming system represents premium performance and high value for all levels of users. Designed to interface directly with Strand Lighting’s ShowNet Ethernet, the EC21 system includes an Ethernet port and an optional integral 4 port switch and a wide range of inputs. Two DMX inputs are standard with the second input available for use as an RS485 port to support our Vision.net architectural system.
All Thyristor dimmers feature high performance chokes and two levels of rise time filtering. The latest technology IGBT dimmers are available in dual 2.5kW and single 5kW dimmer modules. IGBT dimmers provide virtually silent loads. The EC21 system may be fully populated with IGBT dimmers or mixed with Thyristor dimmers in the same rack offering best value.
About Power Through Modules...
Power Through C21 / EC21 Dimming/Switching modules represent the next step in future proofing your new or existing dimming systems. Power Through modules offer a dual 350uS (120 VAC) or 200uS (230 VAC) SCR dimmer (Silicon Controlled Rectifier) in conjunction with a mechanical bypass relay for each dimmer. Each module has two individual recess mounted switches that allow for a manual switch between Dimmer or Relay so that there is never a mistake about how your system is set up.
As many solid state lighting instruments do not like power from a dimmed circuit the manual switches on each module ensure that you have complete control of your rigs’ power with-out any question of remote activation or deactivation of your Power Through Module settings.
In Dimmer (DIM) Mode, the SCR will work exactly the same way that all C21 / EC21 dimmers have worked for years. In Relay/Non-Dim (ND) Mode the circuit will completely bypass the Choke and SCR giving you clean power to your Lighting devices and power supplies that require a constant power feed.
EC21 Dimming systems feature a universal 24 and 48-module rack design that provides support for 90-260 volt operation and is CE marked.
- 24 and 48 module racks with lockable EasyView steel doors
- Plug-in Modular Dimmer System
- Advanced technology processor features a built-in Ethernet input port
- An optional plug-in Ethernet switch is available to link multiple racks
- European DIN Standard breakers
- Optional RCD per circuit
- Ample wire chamber for ease of installation and to accommodate oversize load wiring
- Fault beacon for easy notification of faults
- Web Browser configuration
- Vision.net Architectural Control
- 128 Back up Presets
- DMX512 input with patch
- Dual Processor option with full tracking back up available
- Emergency Rack Panic feature (hard wired for security of local or remote control)
- Dual 2.5kw and Single 5.0kw IGBT dimmer with 650μs rise time
- Dual 3kW and 5kW Thyristor Dimmer Modules with 200μs or 435μs filter chokes
- Contactor and Fluorescent modules available to control a wide range of loads
- Power Through Dimming / Switching Modules - unit can be set to be either a SCR dimmer or contact relay module (Dim/Non Dim Switch on the face of each module)
- IGBT and Thyristor modules may be mixed in the same rack
- Optional Amp traps for full 100,000 AIC fault current rating
- CE Marked